Title: Operator Technician
Company: Marathon Petroleum Company
Location: Dickinson, ND
The Marathon Dickinson Refinery is seeking highly motivated Operator Technicians to join our 24/7 operations team. The Operator Technician is responsible for the safe, environmentally compliant, reliable, and efficient operation of refinery process units, utilities, and/or oil movements. Operator Technicians will be trained in the specific area(s) of responsibility and will be a part of 12-hour rotating shifts.
The Operator Technician must be fully committed to safety in all decisions. Must participate in all refinery safety initiatives and set a positive example for all members of the shift.
- Safely operate the assigned area of the refinery to meet the objectives.
- Perform scheduled rounds, equipment checks, and log operating data.
- Turn valves and adjust controls to meet specified temperatures, pressures, flow, and levels.
- Perform routine light maintenance activities such as lubrication of rotating equipment.
- Observe process equipment to detect malfunctions, leaks, etc.
- Troubleshoot and correct operating issues that occur on shift. Shut down operating equipment, isolate and prepare for maintenance as needed.
- Ability to take proper actions to minimize injury, environmental harm, and equipment damage during start up and shut down of equipment.
- Handle, label, and store hazardous materials. Respond to upsets involving hazardous waste. Sample process streams and perform minor lab analysis.
- Effectively communicate unit status and non-routine events.
- Ability to follow Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), procedure manuals, and other reference materials.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
Associate’s degree in Process Plant Technology, Power Plant Technology or related field; OR equivalent work experience in an oil refinery, petrochemical plant or similar industry is required.
COMPENSATION: Starting hourly rate is $31.84 per hour, with highly competitive benefits including retirement and medical.
Operators work in a safety-sensitive environment and must successfully complete a rigorous pre-employment assessment process, drug/alcohol and medical screenings, and a background check. To ensure safe operations, new hires must also successfully complete operator qualification training and participate in random drug and alcohol screenings.
Apply ONLINE (below).
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
MPC is the nation’s largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC’s high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and-operated stores and 7,800 branded locations.