Title: Metals Mechanic
Company: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Location: Anacortes, WA.
The Marathon Anacortes Refinery is seeking qualified applicants to fill full-time Metals Mechanic positions at our Anacortes, Washington refinery. Metals Mechanics layout, fit and fabricate metals components to assemble piping systems, structural forms, such as machinery frames, bridge parts, and pressure vessels, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. In addition to welding this person will be expected to flex in pipefitting and rigging crafts. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Perform code welding on pipe, plate and structural steel
- Perform code welding of carbon steel and alloys
- Perform journeyman level pipefitting, layout and construction of piping. Make orthographic and isometric drawings or sketches of piping systems
- Perform journeyman level rigging tasks
- Perform boilermaker work
- Perform Hydro-testing on pipe systems and fixed equipment
- Operate shop equipment (e.g., press break, power roll, C&C machine, plate shear)
- Minimum High School or GED
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a journeyman level Metals Mechanic
- Degree/certificate from a Metals Mechanic training program/technical school (e.g., union apprenticeship) preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Successful completion of a skills assessment
All Maintenance Craft positions work in various environmental conditions in the refinery. This may include but is not limited to working indoors, such as maintenance shops, outdoors in open areas, process units, at heights and confined spaces with or without respiratory protection and limited mobility. Must be able to stand, walk, lift and carry 50-pounds.
Metals Mechanics work in a safety-sensitive environment and must successfully complete a rigorous pre-employment assessment process, drug/alcohol and medical screenings, and a background check.
Metals Mechanics work a four-ten schedule and must be available for overtime.
Pay and Benefits
Starting rate in February 2020 is $44.52 per hour with highly competitive benefits including 401(k) and retirement. This is a represented position.
APPLY ONLINE at the link below.
Posting closes October 15, 2019. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Anticipated start date February 2020.
About MPC’s Anacortes Refinery: The Anacortes refinery is located about 70 miles north of Seattle on Puget Sound and has a total crude oil capacity of 119,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd). The refinery processes Canadian crude, domestic crude from North Dakota and Alaska North Slope and international crudes to manufacture gasoline, distillates, heavy fuel oil and propane. The refinery distributes products through pipeline connected terminals and MPC’s marine terminal via ships and barges.
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.