Company: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Location: Anacortes, WA.
The Marathon Anacortes Refinery is seeking qualified applicants to fill full-time Machinist/Millwright positions at our Anacortes, Washington refinery. Machinists/Millwrights perform maintenance and repairs to refinery machinery – pumps, compressors, turbines, valves, gearboxes, etc. Other primary responsibilities/qualifications include:
- Troubleshoot and repair refinery machinery.
- Shop and field repair to refinery machinery including but not limited to pumps, compressors, turbines, valves, gearboxes.
- Perform maintenance per established written procedures.
- Use drawings, equipment manuals, procedures, and proper tools to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Documents work performed in test forms and condition/repair
- Use precision measuring tools common to the trade.
- Operate machine shop machinery such as lathes, mills, drill presses, overhead jibs, bridge cranes, forklifts as well as other machinery.
- Minimum High School or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Machinist/Millwright in industrial mechanical maintenance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in refining, chemical, power industry, or related military experience, preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Successful completion of a skills assessment.
All Maintenance Craft positions work in various environmental conditions in the refinery. This may include but is not limited to working indoors, such as maintenance shops, outdoors in open areas, process units, at heights and confined spaces with or without respiratory protection and limited mobility. Must be able to stand, walk, lift and carry 50-pounds.
Machinists/Millwrights work in a safety-sensitive environment and must successfully complete a rigorous pre-employment assessment process, drug/alcohol and medical screenings, and a background check.
Machinists/Millwrights work a four-ten hour schedule and must be available for overtime as required.
Pay and Benefits
Starting rate in February 2020 is $44.52 per hour with highly competitive benefits including 401(k) and retirement. This is a represented position.
APPLY ONLINE at the link below.
Posting closes October 15, 2019. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Anticipated start date February 2020.
About MPC’s Anacortes Refinery: The Anacortes refinery is located about 70 miles north of Seattle on Puget Sound and has a total crude oil capacity of 119,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd). The refinery processes Canadian crude, domestic crude from North Dakota and Alaska North Slope and international crudes to manufacture gasoline, distillates, heavy fuel oil and propane. The refinery distributes products through pipeline connected terminals and MPC’s marine terminal via ships and barges.
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.