Title: Instrumentation Technician
Company: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Location: Anacortes, WA
The Marathon Anacortes Refinery is seeking applicants to fill full-time Instrumentation Technician positions.
Instrumentation Technicians inspect, test, adjust and repair electric, electronic, mechanical and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate, record and control generating operations in a refinery. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Installs, tests, calibrates, troubleshoots and repairs field instruments including meters, transmitters, transducers, controllers, switches, solenoids, relays, control valves, regulators, actuators, positioners, and instrument loops.
- Services both electronic and pneumatic field instruments.
- Troubleshoots and repairs Distributed Control Systems (DCS), PLCs, vibration monitoring systems, and other specialty instruments.
- Performs maintenance per established written procedures. Uses drawings, equipment manuals, procedures, and proper tools to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Documents work performed in test forms and condition reports.
- Marks up drawings for as-built revision by drafting based upon field inspection.
- Reads schematics and logic diagrams
- Uploads and downloads field instrumentation data
- Reads loop diagrams, logic diagrams, P&IDs
- Stroke valves and calibrates instrumentation per specifications
- Programmable logic control experience
- Reviews and re-writes procedures for instrumentation work
- Minimum High School or GED
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working as an Instrument Technician in an industrial environment (e.g., refining, chemical, or power industries)
- Two-year degree/certificate from an Instrumentation training program/technical school required
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Successful completion of a skills assessment
All Maintenance Craft positions work in various environmental conditions in the refinery, including but not limited to indoors such maintenance shops, outdoors in open areas, process units, at heights, underground and confined spaces. Must be able to stand, walk, lift and carry up to 50-pounds.
Instrumentation Technicians work in a safety-sensitive work environment must successfully complete a rigorous pre-employment assessment process, drug & alcohol screening, and a background check.
Technicians work a four-ten schedule and must be available for overtime.
Pay and Benefits
Starting rate in February 2020 is $44.52 per hour with highly competitive benefits including 401(k) and retirement. This is a represented position.
APPLY ONLINE at the link below.
Posting closes October 15, 2019. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Anticipated start date February 2020.
About MPC’s Anacortes Refinery: The Anacortes refinery is located about 70 miles north of Seattle on Puget Sound and has a total crude oil capacity of 119,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd). The refinery processes Canadian crude, domestic crude from North Dakota and Alaska North Slope and international crudes to manufacture gasoline, distillates, heavy fuel oil and propane. The refinery distributes products through pipeline connected terminals and MPC’s marine terminal via ships and barges.
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.