Title: Electrical Technician
Company: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Location: Anacortes, WA.
The Marathon Anacortes Refinery is seeking qualified applicants to fill full-time Electrical Technician positions at our Anacortes, Washington refinery.
Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, electrical components, controls, equipment and fixtures. Electricians are responsible for the maintenance and construction of electrical systems, devices and peripheral; troubleshooting, for problem identification and repair of electrical equipment used throughout the refinery. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and assess performance of electrical and electrical power distribution
- Make repairs based on assessment
- Identify root cause or failure mechanisms of electrical and electrical power distribution
- Verbal and written reporting on ‘as found’ and ‘as left’ conditions
- Install Refinery electrical equipment per refinery and National Electrical Code (NEC) Standards
- Minimum High School or GED
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working as a journeyman level Electrician
- Two-year degree/certificate from an Electrical training program/technical school preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Successful completion of a skills assessment
All Maintenance Craft positions work in various environmental conditions in the refinery. This may include but is not limited to working indoors, such as maintenance shops, outdoors in open areas, process units, at heights and confined spaces with or without respiratory protection and limited mobility. Must be able to stand, walk, lift and carry 50-pounds.
Electrical Technicians work in a safety-sensitive environment and must successfully complete a rigorous pre-employment assessment process, drug/alcohol and medical screenings, and a background check.
Technicians work a four-ten schedule and must be available for overtime.
Pay and Benefits
Starting rate in February 2020 is $44.52 per hour with highly competitive benefits including 401(k) and retirement. This is a represented position.
APPLY ONLINE at the link below.
Posting closes October 15, 2019. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Anticipated start date February 2020.
About MPC’s Anacortes Refinery: The Anacortes refinery is located about 70 miles north of Seattle on Puget Sound and has a total crude oil capacity of 119,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd). The refinery processes Canadian crude, domestic crude from North Dakota and Alaska North Slope and international crudes to manufacture gasoline, distillates, heavy fuel oil and propane. The refinery distributes products through pipeline connected terminals and MPC’s marine terminal via ships and barges.
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.