Company: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Location: Anacortes, WA
The Marathon Anacortes Refinery is seeking qualified applicants to fill full-time Builder positions at our Anacortes, Washington refinery. Builders perform various general maintenance and carpentry duties throughout the refinery. Successful candidates will be strong general craftsmen with experience working in an industrial environment. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Perform various carpentry duties including framing, finishing carpentry, roofing, building forms and scaffolds
- Painting and abrasive blasting
- Pouring and finishing concrete
- Use blueprints, drawings, sketches, procedures and manuals
- Use of measuring, layout and power tools
- Documents work performed
- Asbestos AHERA Building Inspection duties
- Minimum High School or GED
- Minimum 2+ years of general maintenance experience related to Carpentry, Scaffold Building or Industrial Painting
- Degree/certificate from an accredited Carpentry, Scaffold Building, or Industrial Painting apprenticeship program preferred
- Strong mechanical and communication skills
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Successful completion of a skills assessment
All Maintenance Craft positions work in various environmental conditions in the refinery. This may include but is not limited to working indoors, such as maintenance shops, outdoors in open areas, process units, at heights and confined spaces with or without respiratory protection and limited mobility. Must be able to stand, walk, lift and carry 50-pounds.
Builders work in a safety-sensitive environment and must successfully complete a rigorous pre-employment assessment process, drug/alcohol and medical screenings, and a background check.
Technicians work a four-ten schedule and must be available for overtime.
Pay and Benefits
Starting rate in February 2020 is $44.52 per hour with highly competitive benefits including 401(k) and retirement. This is a represented position.
APPLY ONLINE at the link below.
Posting closes October 15, 2019. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Anticipated start date February 2020.
About MPC’s Anacortes Refinery: The Anacortes refinery is located about 70 miles north of Seattle on Puget Sound and has a total crude oil capacity of 119,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd). The refinery processes Canadian crude, domestic crude from North Dakota and Alaska North Slope and international crudes to manufacture gasoline, distillates, heavy fuel oil and propane. The refinery distributes products through pipeline connected terminals and MPC’s marine terminal via ships and barges.
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.